Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hi everyone, today's visit went well. He seemed much more like himself. Told me he felt better than the day before.
But then later in the afternoon he had what he calls a breakdown. Unfortunately it carried on into the evening. I got a couple calls from the place and was able to talk to him. It is very loud and chaotic there, he says it is very scary. The other children are yelling, cursing and at times fighting with the staff. He had not told them how bad the atmosphere makes him feel. I was able to talk to a staff member and explain that his anxiety level goes over the top when the chaos starts. She assured me that they would pay attention and make ever effort to find him a quieter place.
He has always had issues with sensory overload.
We took the kids with us to visit. It went ok but was hard on Eli and Olivia cried, but they were glad to see him. We get to visit again tomorrow.
Thank you all for your kind words. It helps me to read them, to know that you are out there thinking about us.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Sonya sorry to hear that things are so tough. But it is better for him to get the help he needs now than to be the parents saying we never really thought he needed help like that. It is very hard to be a kid these days and my son is autisic and I know there are good days and bad days. But God only gives us what he knows that we can handle. I will pray for your family for strength and wellness. If there is anything I can do Ann has my number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "With Love all things are Possible..."
    Sam & I send our Love to you & your family.
    If you need or want ANYTHING... you know how to reach us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that he is doing better. I've kept you all in my thoughts and prayers since I read about this. Know that Chris and I both feel for you and if you need anything, let us know. Need someone to watch Eli or Olivia, let me know, I have no problems spending time w/ your kiddos, if you and John need some time. Know that you ALL are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Sonya, I'm just getting caught up on blog reading. I can't imagine what you've been going through, but know that you are a great mom and are doing everything you can to help him. I know Alex knows that, too. I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts and healing vibes to you and your family.

    [[[Hugs]]]

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son and I both have sensory issues, and we do poorly in loud, chaotic environment. Hope the hospital staff are able to find a quieter place for Alex. Hope he can be home soon.

    Keeping you in my thoughts ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am keeping you all in my prayers. You are all very brave. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way. You are an awesome Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you talked with someone about him being in that chaos enviroment. He doesn't need that on top of what he's going through - poor baby. I'm sure the visits help him too....I know it's not easy on your other babies. Hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sonya, you all are on my mind all the time. Over the weekend, we put a care package full of goodies together for your family. I want to drop it off some time this week after I take Daniel to preschool. I'll be in touch. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,it's nice to hear from you.
Come back soon!