Two from me in the same day, aren't you lucky!
Just a block or so from Grinny Possum you can find Art and Soul Beads. It is a wonderful bead shop where you can learn to make your own jewelry or have some custom designed.
She has buttons too, I love buttons, . This is the "new" mom & pop kind of store. Not only are mom & pop there, but the kids are too. I can call them kids because I know I am much older than both of the daughters. I enjoyed a wonderful class there last Wednesday. I want to learn to make my own stitch markers. I have to say that beads could become just as addictive as yarn. Enough talk,let me take you to the door..
Last time I was in I had to take all three of the kids. Not the way I like to look at beads but...It's not that they are bad, they just love all the colors, textures and sparkly things. Olivia left with enough letter beads to make a bracelet with her name, Alex had to add to his animal collection and I don't remember what Eli came home with that day.
Hope you enjoyed another look into my neighborhood.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Two from me in the same day, aren't you lucky!
We were cooling off in the pool after mowing The Big Yard at my parent's house.
Swimming, splashing around having a great time, then I saw something that I thought was a bumble bee in the pool. It was about the size of a man's thumb. I told Livy to step back and took a closer look. Very weird looking bumble bee, daddy said that it did not look like a bumble bee to him, he splashed it up on the patio. It was right out of a horror movie, we were all freaked out and itching. The heebie jeebies all around. Do you want to know what it was?? Are you sure? It was a momma spider swimming in the pool, with all of her babies on her back. You can all pause here for the cold chills and shivers to pass. When it was splashed on the patio hundreds of babies jumped off and ran towards to grass. A few babies must have fallen off because we saw tiny spiders swimming in the water.
We got out of the pool and were done for the evening. It might be a little hard getting in next time. This was not one of those times that you help the kids not be afraid of spiders.
The visual below is just like the one that was swimming with us.
Posted by Sonya at 9:06 AM
Sunday, June 24, 2007
"I'm so excited, I just can't hide it."
My friend LORA is coming home for a long visit. We are going to knit and talk and eat lunch and drink and
then knit some more. It has been over 9 months since she and her family moved all the way to New Hampshire.
Big party at knitting on Tuesday night!
Posted by Sonya at 8:24 PM
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
I am glad to say that surgery will not be necessary. Starsky seems to be doing
much better. He can sit now and is able to get up and down without much help. He is
still limping quite a bit but can run pretty fast on three legs. He can keep up with Hutch and wants to chase the kids around.
He goes at the end of the week
for shots and a recheck of his hip. He will be getting is official name tag later this week too. They want it to be a bone shaped one just like Hutch's. PetSmart has a machine that will engrave the tags. We got him a kiddie pool and he just loves it. He still is having some issues with being left alone. He barks and cries incessantly when he is in the back yard, even
when Hutch is out with him. Also when I go in my room or the bathroom and close the door behind me. He is starting to do better with the house rules. Now when we
catch him with the kid's toys or my yarn he drops it and keeps going. I keep wondering when Hutch is going to tell him what the rules are. It is so funny
it seems that he is not able to get close enough to us even when he is practically
sitting on our laps. If we cant find him just look for an A/C vent and that is where he will be . If you are at all familiar with the Starsky & Hutch series, you know that David Starsky has dark/black hair and Ken Hutchinson has blond hair.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Thursday, June 14, 2007
I have a finished object. But I don't like it, so I am not going to show it to you.
Don't keep asking, my answer never changes, ask the kids. It is a hat with a pain in the ass ruffle that is 648 stitches around at bind off. It is supposed to be sent with some other hats to a friend of my knitting friend Stacy.
I really like the yarn I used though. Sirdar Denim chunky. It is a blend of cotton, wool and acrylic. Now I have to figure out what to do with it.
I am kinda bummed now. I worked on the hat over the past week or so.
I was asked for an ink pen at dinner tonight. I pulled out 4 different dpns from my purse, before I finally came up with the pen.
I am working on finding the perfect stuff for the June color swap. Blue is going to be fun. Blue moon, blue suede shoes, blue birds, blue bells, blue sky, blue hair, blue eyes, Blues Brothers, Blue's Clues, Blue Velvet, Blues Travelers.
Posted by Sonya at 10:41 PM
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Monday, June 11, 2007
Covered in Yarn tagged me again. I will play along and keep the tag to myself.
1. I will become physically ill if I see teeth anywhere other than securely in the mouth where they belong.
2. I have nightmares about my teeth falling out.
3. I have two tattoos.
4. In my life I have seen YES, INXS, Bob Seger (2) Pink Floyd, Jackson Browne, Journey, Rod Stewart (2), Neil Diamond, Eagles (2), KC and The Sunshine Band, Cheap Trick, John Cougar, Steve Miller,and George Carlin in concert. I totally forgot that I saw Duran Duran just a year or two ago. I am probably forgetting some others.
5. I love horror movies
6. I bit my nails into my 20's.
7. Shoes and coats are very restrictive. I hate wearing them.
Friday, June 8, 2007
1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? HAWAII IT SEEMS SO RELAXING AND I LOVE THE OCEAN
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? I LOVE HISTORY. THERE ARE SO MANY EUROPEAN COUNTRIES I WOULD LOVE TO SEE. IT IS A TOSS UP BETWEEN FRANCE AND ITALY.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? YES INDIANA TO FLORIDA SEVERAL TIMES INDIANA TO IOWA
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? NO
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? IRELAND IT WAS BREATHTAKING.
8 DAYS WAS NOT LONG ENOUGH
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. NOT REALLY
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? BEACH COMBER
8. What's your favorite type of yarn? SOMETHING REALLY SOFT LIKE ALPACA
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? NOVELTY
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? HATS, SCARVES PURSES/BAGS
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? MY CURRENT WIP AND SOME POSSIBILITIES IF I GET BORED
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) NOTHING
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? SHADES OF GREEN NO PINK
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? SWEET-LOVE CHOCOLATE
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I LOVE LOVE GETTING REFRIGERATOR MAGNETS
Thursday, June 7, 2007
I was trying to wait until I had some knitting to show or talk about.
But I got nuthin. I have been having some computer trouble too, so it has
been a pain to even read email. The voting has been going on all week. Right now Starsky is in the lead as the name for Black Dog. Then we would have the duo "Starsky & Hutch". That happens to be John's favorite show.
Well, I will be back when I have some knitting stuff to share.
Posted by Sonya at 9:34 PM
Friday, June 1, 2007
Black dog is staying with Shannon and her family for a day or so. My poor Hutchy is feeling very neglected. So hurt that he chose to sleep on the hardwood in the hallway instead of in the comfy bed with us.
Things don't seem so impossible now. Black Dog's official diagnosis is fractured pelvis and slight hip dislocation. The worst part, the part that just pisses me off is that the injuries are at least two weeks old. He had been in pain for two weeks and nobody helped him. We were told that there is no real treatment for the fracture, he just needs love and care. Hopefully in six to eight weeks he will be back to his old self again. So far we have spent $245.00. I know that is much less than it could have been.
I want to send out a huge Thank You to Jana at White Oak Studio. She has graciously offer to help with the medical bills. I know she is doing it for Scout, her beautiful girl. Shannon and I both have three children and are one income families.
John and I have decided that if no owner comes forward next week, about the same amount of time the shelter would hold him, Black Dog will stay with us. Then we will have to give him a proper name.
Posted by Sonya at 11:11 PM