Monday, April 7, 2008

A little more about the trip.

I missed getting a picture of the cool yarn filled basket. I really wanted to win...if you know me I have a rather ugly competitive streak. The Lexington event raised over $500 for Stephanie's favorite cause.
This cool artist, Dawn Trinkler, was in the same center as the book store. She is a "no brush" artist. Very beautiful work.






A blacksmith artist was there too.
Holly Fisher
She had some amazing things. As I watched her work, I thought about how similar what she was doing, was to knitting. She took an odd piece of steel and with some time, effort, experience and determination it was transformed into something wonderful. It is magic just like knitting.

We visited two LYSs in Lexington, two intensely different shops. I got some needles at one shop and this wonderful yarn at the other. CPY panda silk, 52% bamboo, 43% superwash merino and 5%combed silk. I am so in love with this yarn, and those brain dead people named it Color-4004. What is wrong with them? This yarn needs a name. Help me come up with the perfect name. I can't wait to get this yarn on some needles















While we were there the Yarn Harlot talked a little bit to Olivia. How old she was, did she knit and asked me if I minded if she took a picture. Well I got a call from Lora saying that Olivia was famous. She can be seen here http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/ (April 7th post)
Wow, my girl on the Harlot's blog. I am so proud :)

6 comments:

  1. The yarn looks like creamsicle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree absolutely creamsicle! And I saw Olivia, too! How great is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw her picture on Stephanie's, and went oh cool, that's Sonya's daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she's famous! That yarn is great - how about calling it "Summer Sun"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always knew Olivia would be a star. She is so cute. I love the yarn too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,it's nice to hear from you.
Come back soon!