Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Lace n. an ornamental fabric or net of fine threads

I have been wanting this book for months. I finally got it yesterday with a gc to Borders Books. The author is the very wonderful Alison H of spin dye knit
If you have yet to read her blog, go there now! We have been conversing long before I started the Skein.
The book is wonderful. It has charts and written patterns, 6 pages of helpful hints for lace knitting, and beautiful color photographs. I will probably start with one of the 4 lace scarf patterns. My only thought would be to have it spiral bound so it would lay flat.
Alison, thank you so much for a wonderful book!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, cool, thank you! You know, you can take it to a Kinko's or the like and they will spiral-bind it for you if you want. As for the bookplates, they were a gift from another online friend for me to be able to pass along, one by one. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!! I'm looking forward to seeing the scarfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poochys are so sweet.What a good suggestion to have the pattern book spiral bound. I'm sure the scarves are going to be fun to knit. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I would love to see the Kentucky Derby someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book. The stories alone are worth owning the book.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,it's nice to hear from you.
Come back soon!