Monday, March 5, 2007

I made it back in one piece

from the dentist appointment. The pre-visit medicine I took made it somewhat bearable. Those of you that know me understand what that means.
I have great difficulty going to the dentist. It can be hard for some to understand what feelings the dentist and teeth in general bring on. As a child I would break out in hives on my face neck and chest. This went on until my late teens. Now I can feel my heart begin to race, have problems catching my breath and hands will shake. The beginnings of a full blown panic/anxiety attack. The sight of one of my children wiggling a loose tooth is enough to make me physically sick. I even have trouble looking at them when their teeth are missing. Teeth are supposed to stay in your mouth.
I now how ridiculous all of this may sound and I have had people try to talk to me about it but to no avail. There were a few childhood incidents that happened and they most likely started me on this path. But I will save that for another day.
According to their records my last visit was in 2002.
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. LOL you crack me up.
    I don't like the dentist either, but I don't HATE it that much either to where it freaks my freak.
    Glad you got through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my last dental visit was 10 years ago. I hate them. I confess to getting woozy whenever my kids had a loose tooth and showed me. Glad you made it through!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,it's nice to hear from you.
Come back soon!